Social Icons

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Being an MBA means being a guru, a master

Several years ago, I had a guest who had an MBA from UP.

He said that then, as it was, being an MBA was/is a badge of honor. It means being a guru.
It means being a master.  It means being a teacher. A guru.  One who knows all.  One who
Is short of being a Renaisance man.

He asked me whether the students I had (they were MBAH) had that traits all ready.  My jaws dropped, I could not answer him for sure.  Were they?  I sheepishly told him.  Maybe soon.

Can we say that of the newly minted MBAs who were conferred the degree last Sunday?  Are they imbued with critical thinking and ability to judge well the situation, the opportunities, and their business problems?

Have we successfully done our job as MBA professors?


Only time can tell?

0 comments:

Post a Comment