Social Icons

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A Business Plan of a former student at MBAH created business for Alex Pe and better health care





I used to conduct entrep class for MBAH students.  One such student was Dra. Angelita Tan who founded the Sacred Heart Hospital in Angeles City.

As you can see, the maximum allowed capital for business plan was only P500,000.  For Dra. Tan, she planned to buy a LINAC machine for cancer treatment.  Was it OK to have this BP?   I said it is OK if you show me the color of the money.  Her cap ex estimate was P90 million.  Sure she had the money.

Last year, while teaching Regis class at Clark, I saw her billboard.

The presentation of Alex Pe last night rang a bell;  and after his talk, I asked him whether he supplied such Dr with the LINAC machine;  and sure enough, he said yes.

He said it is pretty much successful averaging 60 patients a day.  ROI for the 96 million machine is 4 to five years.

I said the BP nearly did not make it;  however I suggested that the business concept be CANCER CENTER instead of Linac machine.  And which Dra Tan did.

Congratulations.

I am happy that we do here creates opportunities and jobs, and better health services to people, cancer cure to the people of Angeles and Norther Luzon

0 comments:

Post a Comment