Social Icons

Monday, January 28, 2013

Why was Prof Jorge absent at MBAH entrep class last Saturday?

 Prof Jorge Entrep link to his 3rd Baguio bike ride

As a professional and as Ateneo professor, we were trained to be mission oriented and to have zeal for teaching.  Thus, we must be ready to:  be assigned wherever our teaching expertise is needed; to teach assiduously even when no one is watching, and to be the best that we can be (Magis)

However, due to peer pressure and fear of mortality, I decided I will miss my class for the annual road bike ride to Baguio City (this is the fifth, the second from Angono Rizal to Baguio)  total distance of 280 km.  The Baguio ascent is but 30+ but the hill climbs are about 3 dozens.   We prepared hard and long for these.  For me I prepared for this for 2 years because I missed last year.

I am the only senior who is joining this difficult and challenging ride.  (One of us, my junior quit at Camp 6 when he was only 6 km to the Kennon Rd view deck ) No amount of motivation, chiding, ridicule would make him try one more time to pedal (this would be his 5th ride.)

I planned to ride only Friday and go back in the evening so that I will be able to teach Saturday.  However, the other bikers threatened to hide my bike bag and my wallet so that I will not be able to commute back to Manila.  That would be more shameful. 

So much to my regret, I had to write an excuse email to Dra Dimaano and to Krishna for this slight misdemeanor, to which they said yes though.

My bike ride though is doing (which is entrepreneurship) and showing the world and others that what you planned you can do.  The steep hills and the body pains do not count.  The achievement of the task count.

You may see some of pictures of Prof Jorge road bike ride to Baguio

0 comments:

Post a Comment