Social Icons

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

What are you doing now ProfJorge?

APS, Rockwell Center, Makati City  |  February 23, 2013

I was recently asked by a student this question.  He works for an outsourcing group for a US investment bank.

Well I said I have a day job. The question sure woke me up from what looked like a deep slumber,

I manage 6 memorial parks now, overseeing their sales and completion.;   a lending company with 50 million in assets size. At least 3 MDs ask me for advice on how to run their businesses.  They all look small after reading the article on Nigerian blog on how to be a billionaire.

I stopped growing when I started teaching.  I might quit teaching this year which does not create much value and which has slowed down my entrepreneurial journey. I think I am more tentative and have become less bold in pursuing my dreams (have I stopped dreaming? How about a subaru sti to pursue/to buy.  How about in the Forbes list too?  There is still time...  I am not sure whether what I teach makes sense to past and present students.

Several properties have been presented to me for evaluation.  There is one where the possible partner backed out because we could not get a right of way.  Now I have one:  for possible cemetery, one for possible subdivision/memorial chapel.  And another one for subdivision,

There is 5 hectare in Taytay untitled for subdivision. <Today I was informed of a 1.5 hectare near an existing subdivision>  Well that is lot for the next 3 years or next 20 years

I also do long bike rides on weekends. I rode to Tagaytay last Feb 24, 2013 

I also rode to Baguio City from Angono, Rizal last January 25, 2013. Can you beat that?


0 comments:

Post a Comment