Social Icons

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Factors Paper by Trizza Rushel V. Castro

What factors I do / don't posses that make / do not make me a Business Entrep (not more than 3 pages). You can do a self assessment available from the internet. Do a thorough self analysis.
Before writing this paper, I tried a self assessment test in the Internet for readiness on becoming an Entrepreneur. This is the result:
50 Item Entrepreneuralism Questionnaire Results
Personality Trait
Low   Fairly-low    Average    Fairly-high  High 
Score
 Achievement Striving
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
44
 Industriousness
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
34
 Passion
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
33
 Taking control
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
38
 Creativity
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
34
The link used is http://www.psychometrictest.org.uk/entrepreneur-test/. Achievement Striving is a person's internal motivation to achieve outstanding results and their propensity to work hard towards goals. Industriousness is a person's level of persistence, resistance to stress and self discipline. Passion refers to an individual's emotional intensity, enthusiasm and emotion-based decision making. Taking control is related to the psychological theory of "locus of control", the extent to which individuals believe they can control events that affect them. Creativeness is the use of imagination to develop and implement original and innovative ideas.
At a very young age, I was already exposed to businesses and entrepreneurs. My parents owned a "Carinderia" when was a kid, we also experienced a franchise of Triumph (a lingerie shop), and now, at present my father is managing a closed lending corporation. My mom, on the other hand, is presently working with the Department of Trade and Industry and they routinely organize trade fairs (where new products are introduced). From there, I had the chance to be involved in their activities and I was amazed of the new ideas created. In college, I took up Business Administration, obviously also exposed to trade fairs and other business activities. It goes to show that in terms of knowledge and awareness, I am somehow trained and experienced to be an entrepreneur.
Surprisingly, I possess some attitudes and habits that entrepreneurs have. Maybe because of the exposure I had when I was still a kid. I love discovering new things and when someone would come up to me and share an idea, I become proud and excited on how it will realizably turn out-the feature and purpose. From then on, I feel that I am always curious and in search for discovery.
I am a leader and that means I need to direct but I also need to follow. I also need to follow my subordinates because they too can create new ideas or new ways that can attain our goals. I am a follower. I don't mind working with someone else besides, it will be more helpful for me because someone is there to support and criticize my work. Through that person, I will gain more knowledge and experiences. I will learn something new.
 I am not afraid to take risks and I like to have that feeling of being challenged in taking new projects or overcoming problems. "If you will not act now, when will be the right time?" What if that opportunity passed?
I can handle stress and I also like cramming. I can still work effectively even in stressful situations especially if there are only few hours left before deadline.
When problems arise, I believe that there are other alternatives or if not, there will always be a contingency plan. I see good solutions in every problem. Everything is possible.
As a person, I want to be recognized on what I have done well. I want to be appreciated. Most of the time, people only criticize your wrong ways and decisions. Sometimes, I become more motivated if people also criticize the good work I have done.
For me, action is very important. No matter what people say I always find a way to prove that my ideas make sense. I become persistent. The action must be executed well.
I have the capability of imagining things and how I can make it work. Most of the time, I am already owning the situation because I am confident enough that the situation will turn out the way I imagined it to be.
I always give my best and my full confidence on a certain project given to me especially if its in my area of competency but if I failed, I will look at is as an opportunity to improve or learn. Like an artist said "Failure is only the opportunity again, only this time, more wisely"
Leading people is not easy especially in motivating them to do the action but the important thing is the effort I make in giving them the motivation they need.
People know that change is the only constant thing in this world. I am a person who is open to change and if I need to make sacrifices for that change, I will be ready. In the business world, everything is fast pace and I should be part of that fast ride.
It is okay to be ambitious and I am proud to be one. I am hungry for something new-innovation, new ideas, new discoveries. This ambition will remain an ambition if I will not find a way to achieve it. And I must achieve in the right and ethical way. 3.5
 
"Seize the Opportunity"



Trizza Rushel V. Castro
 Entrepreneurship, MBA

0 comments:

Post a Comment