Social Icons

Monday, September 5, 2016

A business school must practice what it preaches especially that it espouses heroism and being a man for others, spirituality

Every generation needs a revolution - an entrepreneurial revolution

Officially or unofficially I am out of the teaching staff of the school, thus I could not be accused of disloyalty as I touch unpleasant things in this post. I cherish the years that I was a part of the teaching staff.  I value the friendship and the knowledge I gained from the colleagues and the encouragement of the former leaders and managers.

Lately and I am disappointed with management and leadership of that school:

1.  Despite the meetings, the current boss is far removed from the teaching staff and never really get to know them/us.  I think he thinks only he is the best and can never be wrong.  The cluster heads are not much different.

2.  Despite the presence of young blood in the management, I never saw any innovation nor any change in the school. The balding senior leaders of yore were much much better than the young dynamic(?) leaders now. From what I know despite the restructuring, enrollment was halved, and great teachers have all ready left.in droves (I included?)  Despite the strategic knowledge that in the school, the CSF are the experienced teaching staff.

3.  Despite priding itself as a school that is an expert in strategic management, it missed the strategic intent and issues and thus is now lagging behind other business schools.

4.  Despite the vaunted courses on leadership and management, only a secretary told me that my time is up since I am 65.  I did not see my cluster chair, my program director about this changing moment in my life at the school.  Where is the HR Or the Leader of the School?  I did not even get a goodbye or pat in the bank?  Too busy with the University of the Bun?  It all could end like this. Where are the men and women for others? Where is the Ignatian spirit and leadership that we are teaching?  There is a great divide between what we teach and what we practice?

Thanks to all my former students and colleagues.

0 comments:

Post a Comment