Social Icons

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Factor Paper by Rophele Ocampo AGSB Clark

Hi Prof Jorge,

Resending my Factor Paper assignment.

Thank you!

Regards,

Rophele Louie C. Ocampo
AGSB Clark

 





I grew up believing that I will be a businessman and have a successful business someday. This has been an ambitious answer whenever I am being asked on what I wanted to become. This has not changed because up to this day I still hold on to that belief and dream. This drive started when I am in my elementary days, around 4th grade or age 10, I sell "sipa" to my classmates and other students in the school and earn extra money. I even go to the market downtown all by myself after class (without my parents' knowledge) just to buy stocks and sell them the next school day. During summer break, I make ice candies and sell them at our neighbourhood. I grew up in a middle class family; my parents are employees and not entrepreneurs. My Father was into the banking industry and my Mother was into the export garments. Most of my Father's siblings are teachers while my mother's side are into business of food and clothing.

 

Being a graduate of business course, I really wanted to have my own business after getting my degree. Unfortunately, since I/We don't have the resources at that time, it led me to be where I am now. My father at that time is not that supportive of me venturing into a business, for him, it is very risky and requires a lot of capital. With limited resources and inexperience, he does not want to gamble. For him, being employed in a good company, having good benefits, high salary and retirement is a much secure way. But I didn't buy that, I may be employed in a company at the moment, but I am just waiting for the right time for that opportunity to come and will definitely grab it.  


Based on my Entrepreneurialism Online Assessment, All of the factors resulted high. Industriousness and Taking Control are my highest score, while Achievement Striving, Passion, and Creativity follows after.
The reason why Industriousness and Taking Control are my highest is maybe because it associates in the nature of my work and my personality, being with sales ever since I started working, coping with stress in only but natural. Meeting the demands and expectations of your clients and of the company, delivering customer indulgence and hitting your quota over of what is expected by going the extra mile and being a team player. These are some of what I have acquired and achieved that may have contributed in the outcome of this factor.
Achievement Striving, Passion, and Creativity on the other hand follows. Though they also recorded high, they are not as high as Industriousness and Taking Control. Reflecting on them made my following justifications and judgment.  
Achievement Striving, the results are true, the internal motivation to succeed is there but I try to balance it. I want to succeed in life in order to have a good life and that is my motivation. I believe that it is not always work; you need to have a life too. I am just waiting for that spark to let the fire out to rage and burn.  
Enthusiasm has always been one of my trademark personalities. But it does not show immediately, I need to be comfortable with the environment first before that natural enthusiastic persona in me flows. I am an emotional person if you will happen to know me, it may be just my defense mechanism not to be. Most of my decisions in life in personal and career are being influenced by emotions. However, there are times that you need to use what your brain rather than your heat especially when you know that it is the ethical, professional, and favourable way. This is maybe the reason why Passion is not that High.  
For Creativity, I admit that in this I factor I need to improve. It is in this aspect that I need to flourish myself. The skill is there but its needs to be honed. Constant practice and application will help me progress in time.
Taking the Entrepreneurialism Assessment only validates my interest in Entrepreneurship and being an entrepreneur and a successful one. It also made me realize on what factors of being an entrepreneur are my strong points and flaws. On what I need to maintain, flourish and honed. The result made me influence more of following what my heart and mind desires. It also made me realize that an opportunity will come but it will be faster if you will find it because opportunities are everywhere.  3.5

Rophele Louie C. Ocampo
AGSB - Clark    

0 comments:

Post a Comment