Social Icons

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Factors Paper by Roman Cruz - AGSB Clark Entrep


Good  afternoon Sir!
Sending po again my refurbished factor paper.

Thank you po!

Roms

FACTOR PAPER:
What factors I do/ don't possess that make /do not make me a Business Entrepreneur?
By: Roman M. Cruz 



After our debate on the subject, “Are entrepreneurs born? Made? “Swerti” (lucky )”,  I just had a reflection into myself if for this three subject matter, where do I perfectly fit in? What do traits do I possess in order to check myself if I am suitable to be the next big thing in entrepreneurship?

In order to give myself a better view on this reflection there are two things that I did to see “within” me if I am capable of being an entrepreneur. First is I went back and reflect if there are instances in mylife where at least for once experience to involve myself in entrepreneurial activity either big or small. Secondly, in order to support my experientialreflection, I actually took a free online entrepreneur test that measures personality traits regarding on entrepreneurialism.



During in my younger years, my family started up a small business of cooking and repacking salted peanuts and there after distribute it to the different sari-sari stores in the barrio and in the nearby public market. During those rigors, I am tasked to wake up early and deliver thesegoods to our clients before going to school or sometimes, brought a few stuff in the school and sell them to my classmates. During weekends, apart from that aforementioned routine, I am also indulging myself in the repacking line. Looking back, with these experiences that I had, it asserts my level of persistence and hardworking attitude to achieve something that gives me so much value to me and to the whole family at a very young age. To which in contrast, other typical child would just care about what TV program they will watch or where will they play together with their friends. Growing up, it made me more focus to achieve something that can bring value to me. My motivation to succeed is very high, because I feel it is something that will propel me and my family to improve our living standards to a respectable level. The business was doing well until the time of lahar that ravages the province of Pampanga to which we have no choice but to stop our business because of insufficient supply of peanuts that we get from our suppliers. Another modest experience I had forbeing an entrepreneur is when I am encouraged by my friend to sell different stuff we buy in Divisoria and sell it on retail. We are trading for class Awatches and different garments and other stuff. Initially, I enjoy selling on retail, but the rigors of looking for buyers and collecting their payments on different agreed terms made me think of a better deal. I decided to find someone, who is interested to sell these stuffs and somewhat with a larger network of potential buyers. The deal is to hand them a certain percentage for every unit sold they made. The arrangement actually works. During my accounting, with the initial capital of ten thousand pesos, I was able to earn profits of more than fifty thousand pesos in just four months of selling! Eventually, I had to stop atsome point because of the load that I am handling in my current work not tomention when I decided also to enter into the graduate school to earn a lot of spurs in molding myself to be a master of the business world.

As I am going through with the lecture of the of the Traits of Entrepreneur, vis a vis my modest experiences in the field of entrepreneurship, I realized that my D’s are Determination, Doer, Dedication and Dream. I believe these four D’s that I have are intertwined with each other that made me the person I am now. It has always been my signature characteristic to be determined in the things that I do. When I do something, I do it with gusto, I have this mantra of “kung gagawin mo na rin lang, gawin mo na ng tama, gawin mo ng buong puso”. During high-pressure moments, when others collapse and worry, I am more likely driven to find solutions. Growing up, wherein I was taught that hardwork will give you an edge in the battle called life, I am taught to be strong enough and driven enough to succeed in the things that I find value doing it. My definition of success comes from hardwork and persistence that you put into, to anything that you do. I am dreamer of course. I always visualize something that I wanted to have, something that I wanted to achieve. I may not put this trait in any entrepreneurial activitybefore, but being a dreamer, is something that I always employ in my current career/ job that I am into right now. With all humility, I could say that all the things that I dream about to achieve in my career were mostly turned into reality.  The psychometric entrepreneurialism test results validated these factors with the high level of industriousness and achievement striving and taking control score I got to made a perfect depiction of how I am in terms of my resiliency in any face of adversities
On the other hand, my F’s are the following, Faith, Focused, Flexible and Forever Improving.  I had a sense of conviction and confidence to the things, processes or decisions that I believe in. I can categorically say also that I am flexible and with a sense of focus which was I gained during that time when I am involved in the small family venture of selling salted peanuts. I believe also that during these very moment that I am currently spending my career with Jollibee, these two F’s has always been in the works because the demands of the job needs a lot of these F’s in order to run the store very well. Achieving sales and profit targets, as well as managing splendid quality Food, Service and Cleanliness for our customers. Forever improving on the other hand is something I discovered through my experiences in life. I always desired to be better. I have this competitor heart in me that pushes me to employ the kaizen philosophy because of my belief that change is something that is permanent in this world.

  Not to be satisfied with my reflections based on the D’s and the F’s of  the traits of an entrepreneur, I decided totake an online psychometric entrepreneurialism test  (though its credibility might not be 100% correct ) to shot a glimpse if my personal reflections intertwined with theresult. To my surprise, the results validated these factors with the high level of industriousness and achievement striving and taking control score I got to made a perfect depiction of what I thought to be my D’s and my F’s. My motivation to achieve outstanding results and my propensity to work hard onthem is something that I can see my self having. My persistence in every challenging situation summarizes the level of industriousness and taking control I have to which my innermost desire to persist and find the best possible solutions works with me so well. Some thing that made me thrives during crunch time so to speak. The other glaring result also besides the good points I had scored on the aforementioned traits above, what also validates in me is the level of creativity I had though I scored fairly high, I believe it is something that I have to develop more if I wanted to complement the entrepreneurial guts I had. During my reflections, it is something that I believe has not manifested glaringly in my career or to any endeavor I chose to take. 4

Now the question is, is my entrepreneurial spirit in me was born? Made? Or swerti? Given the reflections I had, I believe I am made to be an entrepreneur. My life experiences, the wisdom and learning that I am inducing everyday of my existence with my self, with the environment, with the people I spent with, with the mentors that I am having, I am still a work in progress. Yes I have some traits that an entrepreneur should have, but to me, there are still a lot of things to learn. With positive traits that lean towards greater chances of success, though it does not promise you to be a successful entrepreneur, on the other hand, I always believe that with the right mix of my D’s and F’s, I am one step closer to be one. As they always say, “ malapit ang swerti sa taong masipag at matyaga”.




From: ROMAN CRUZ <roman.cruz0710@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 20:51:20 +0800
To: <profjorge.entrep.ateneo@blogger.com>
Subject: FACTOR PAPER- ROMAN M. CRUZ/ ATENEO CLARK


FACTOR PAPER:

What factors I do/ don't possess that make /do not make me a Business Entrepreneur?
By: Roman M. Cruz 



After our debate on the subject, “Are entrepreneurs born? Made? “Swerti” (lucky )”,  I just had a reflection into myself for this three subject matter, where do I perfectly fit in? What do traits do I possess in order to check myself if I am suitable to be the next big thing in entrepreneurship?

In order to give myself a better view on this reflection there are two things that I did to see “within” me if I am capable of being an entrepreneur. First is I went back and reflect if there are instances in mylife where at least for once experience to involve myself in entrepreneurialactivity either big or small. Secondly, in order to support my experientialreflection, I actually took a free online entrepreneur test that measures personality traits regarding on entrepreneurialism.

During in my younger years, my family started up a small business of cooking and repacking salted peanuts and there after distribute it to the different sari-sari stores in the barrio and in the nearby public market. During those rigors, I am tasked to wake up early and deliver thesegoods to our clients before going to school or sometimes, brought a few stuff in the school and sell them to my classmates. During weekends, apart from that aforementioned routine, I am also indulging myself in the repacking line. Looking back, with these experiences that I had, it asserts my level of persistence and hardworking attitude to achieve something that gives me so much value to me and to the whole family at a very young age. To which in contrast, other typical child would just care about what TV program they will watch or where will they play together with their friends. Growing up, it made me more focus to achieve something that can bring value to me. My motivation to succeed is very high, because I feel it is something that will propel me and my family to improve our living standards to a respectable level.

 The psychometric entrepreneurialism test results validated these factors with the high level of industriousness and achievement striving and taking control score I got to made a perfect depiction of how I am in terms of my resiliency in any face of adversities. During high-pressure moments, when others collapse and worry, I am more likely driven to find solutions. When I do something, I do it with gusto, I have this mantra of “kung gagawin mo na rin lang, gawin mo na ng tama, gawin mo ng buong puso”. In the anatomy of an entrepreneur, my entrepreneurial mind frame and gut frame are developed with these early experiences I had in life. So I think, I am made to be an entrepreneur. I am taught to be strong enough and driven enough to succeed in the things that I find value doing it. My definition of success comes from hard work and persistence that you put into, to anything that you do. With these traits, even though it does not promise you to be a successful entrepreneur, on the other hand, I always believe that with the right mix of industriousness and motivation I am one step closer to be one. As they always say, “ malapit ang swerti sa taong masipag at matyaga”.


0 comments:

Post a Comment