Social Icons

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Condolence and Prayers for the Late Fr. Thomas Steinbugler former Dean of Admission and Aid

Lux in Domino

Rizal Philippines   |  June 12, 2014

I recently got the word this morning that Fr. Tom Steinbugler, former Dean of Admission and  Aid passed away  and his body lies in state at the Ateneo Loyola Chapels  He will be buried on Saturday.

We had meeting with him sometime in June,  2 years ago at the Ateneo Loyola cafeteria.  Some notable beneficiaries of Fr. Tom's legacy included former Sec of Health Manuel Dayrit, Congressman Jonathan de la Cruz to name others.

He died of  lingering illness and probably old age.

We owe so much to this guy.  I remember when he sent me a handwritten note informing me that I got an Ateneo scholarship.  I did not know much about Ateneo nor did I expect to pass the Ateneo entrance exam, after then activist Emman Lacaba encouraged us at Rizal High School to take Ateneo entrance exam.  He said that Ateneo at that time was encouraging that public schools bright students/graduate should find home in Ateneo.

Fr Stein made it happen.

May he rest in peace.

Thanks Fr. Stein

0 comments:

Post a Comment