Social Icons

Monday, June 23, 2014

The teaching days are over

Rizal Philippines  |   June 23, 2014


Fewer postings/publications on this page.

I do not expect to post more articles here nor in the NU12 (Entrepnew) blogs/self dev/FB pages. My academic stint has ended albeit unceremoniously because of my apparent inability to comply with new policy on 7 days grade submission after end of semester. I have a day job, and so with the students. We are both working professionals. (Hence the name Professional School) I could not go on perpetual state of insubordination with the administration. The cluster chair wrote me a letter agreeing to my giving up. (interpretation as a resignation. I did not expressly say though that I am resigning)

However, I heard from the grapevine that the administration relented to a cluster request to submit grades after one month, and that the edict should be disregarded by the cluster There are many new rules according to other faculty that are not in writing. However, meeting request must be in writing. (Hard copy) Emails are not answered. (Hearsay again. I am not to be quoted)

I could not care less because I have other interest, and I have done my best while in the care of the academe.

Now it is over. All that they have to do is do nothing (not renewing my 90 days contract) However, I could not help but think aloud.

I thank the former Dean and the administration for the 13 wonderful years of teaching.

0 comments:

Post a Comment