Social Icons

Friday, August 26, 2016

A thousand things could be learned from doing things yourself

Every generation needs a revolution - an entrepreneurial revolution

Rizal Philippines
August 25, 2016

This post thanks the 20 doctors who climbed their Everest writing a business plan.  Indeed while they suffered (probably) and struggled with the business model, objectives, sales estimate, writing the long details of the enterprise delivery system, and financials, they would have learned hundreds of thing just planning a business.  And even more when they build the business.

With the new deadlines of the school for grade submission, having enough time for writing the business plan is next to impossible.  That was why I declined teaching assignments before.

This class is an experiment of having the student write the bp co terminus with the end of semester.  With this strategy I have to focus on teaching writing the business plan, and scrap other items needed to be learned in entrepreneurship.

I could not stand too the idea of having pure scholastic approach to entrepreneurship  eg. having just reports and exams which are sterile means of teaching the course.

I am sure that those who established their own hospitals working on the loan with bank, constructing this, agonizing with many problems, recruiting the staff fighting the competition are the real students and graduates of this course.   Well I salute also those who are brave and determined to write the business plan

"I heard and I forgot,
I saw and remembered,
I experienced and I understand"  Old Chinese proverb.

0 comments:

Post a Comment