Social Icons

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Who decides the fate of your company - you the entrepreneur or the lawyer

Every generation needs a revolution - an entrepreneurial revolution

Rizal Philippines
December 28, 2016

My father is a lawyer, a notary public but was a government employee;  was an admin man and his knowledge of civil code, obligation and contracts, the admin code of the Philippines helped him a great deal in his job.

One time, there was a need for a document and I requested him as a lawyer to make one for us/the company to which he declined.

He said, decide on what you want to agree or do, write it and then, I will correct this if the agreement is in clear legalese.   If you do it the other way around, then the lawyer has decided for you what you will do in the business.

And so I thought, and then later on I read a book on entrepreneurship that you need some 10 or 11 transactions a year that you need the lawyers comment or nod on for you to be prospectively avoiding the problems.  So you need lawyers

And so I tried very hard to stick to this dictum of my late father.  He is right.  The agenda of the lawyer and the entrepreneur are very different.  His goal is to get his fees;  the entrepreneur want to succeed and not to pay the fees. or be engaged in legal battles.

Every time, the lawyer will say that your position is so weak the the worse that could happen is...

I never heard any one say that on a brighter note.... Or strength...

I do not like to hear that when there is a problem, run to the lawyer.... not a good idea.

0 comments:

Post a Comment