Sunday, March 9, 2014

Factor Paper by Verman T. Reyes of AGSB-Regis Clark

Factor Paper by Verman T. Reyes of AGSB-Regis Clark

Subject: What factors I do and do not have as a Business Entrepreneur

I always wanted to be an entrepreneur when I was a kid. I would answer the phone for the clients of my dad and get some money for my service from my brothers. I remember when I bought basketball shoes when I was in gradeschool and sold them half the price when i already used them 5-6 times in our tournament to my classmates. In highscool, bought nba basketball cards as a hobby and when I get special insert cards of a famous player, I sell it in the card stores in greenhills either consignment or through card collectors directly. I remember buying 2-3 packs of upperdeck basketball cards for 300 pesos. Then when I opened one pack, I got an insert card of Michael Jordan worth $100. I sold it for P2,200 and got almost 600% return of investment. In college, i took up export management in CSB, i always wanted to trade goods domestically and internationally after I graduate. When I was in college, bought buy and sell paper and look for cheap goods that I could sell online. I remember buying a nokia gadget that lets you make your laptop have a call and text function. I sold it online through www.ebili.com.ph, that was my first experience of selling online. Since then I ventured in a lot business endeavors directly and indirectly by investing in companies. At present, I have a plant nursery business. My clients are schools, golf resort, gardeners and farmers. But despite my entrepreneur spirit which I attribute from my mom, a serial entrepreneur herself, I still lack something as an entrepreneur and by evaluating myself, i could pinpoint the things I should work or improve to be a better entrepreneur.

My total score in the evaluation is 118 points out of the total 140 points. Well, though I have a high entrepreneur potential, I managed to evaluate my weaknesses as an entrepreneur. But before I discuss my weaknesses, I would like to point out my strengths.

Strengths

1. Passion - I consider being passionate in business very important. I know a lot of people who venture in business without having a passion and they don't end up successful. When I venture in a business, I make sure that I am very enthusiastic about it and know everything about it. You should know your business more than your clients. You should convince your client to buy your product because they are interested with it.

2. Solution - When venturing in business, there is a reason why you are getting into that business, its either you got frustrated that nobody is offering the product or service and by accidentally creating a new idea. Whenever I venture in a business, I make sure I solve a problem of future clients or create a demand on what they might need.

3. Observe - I always observe what is needed to improve my business either consulting experts or researching. I like observing what is happening in my business because usually, the small things that matter have a great effect on your business positively or negatively.

Weakness

1. Communication skills - Iam not good in speaking in front of people, I pretend to be. I am not good in pitching a business plan. I am not good at writing papers properly. And lastly I am not good at convincing clients in closing deals.

2. Networking - in business, you need to have networks to connect with other entrepreneurs. I am not really good at this, except in joining organizations like mba class and hobby group clubs. I still need to improve my netwoking skills.

3. Leadership - i was once a captain ball of my varsity team, but our team had a faction between the luzon and visayas/mindanao players. I was unsucessful in uniting the team. I guess, I am not a leader by nature but a follower. I considered myself as role player always. But somehow i need to improve my leadership skills so that people will have someone to follow in the workplace.  (Leadership can be learned.  I guess you just have to work on your strength.  3>

No comments:

Post a Comment