Sunday, March 9, 2014

Factors that should make a Successful Entrepreneur by Marlon Pizarro - AGSB Clark


Before i was sent here in Clark, Pampanga to manage one of our business, i was working in DasmariƱas and Bacoor, Cavite handling our two gas stations and one motor hotel. Back in college, i was a constant student leader and fortunately, end up as our school's Student Executive Council President. I also do lay-out and graphic designing on the side (made steamers and billbaords) and sometimes host events when i got a free time.

 
Upon taking the entrepreneurial test, the results caught me off guard. i was expecting a high result but any of my personality traits did not pass through even the average level. Just sad.

Achievement Striving

It's says on my result that i place slightly less importance to my goals. When i was backtracking what i've been doing, it all suddenly struck me. Yes, i have set my goals before but have i've been eyeing it from the start or i get easily distracted with my environment specially my peers? Drinking, partying and socializing dominated most of my after graduation life. This result should serve as a heads up for me if i want to be successful before reaching my 30s.

Industriousness

The result says i have a low level of handling pressure or stress but i always thought that i get my brain juice going when i'm cramming and i know i have already tested myself on this. haha. Maybe i can be better if i avoid pressure instead and lately i also noticed that handling stress really gets me on my peek. i have been depressed because of this and being depressed only proves that i am not good at handling stress.

Passion

i am not surprised i have a low level of passion. The business i'm handling now is not out of what i want. it's a family business, i have to like it, love it and do it. i also don't base my decisions on what i feel emotionally because i believe that it is a form of weakness and could destroy the professional decision i am always rooting for.

Taking Control

I was speechless when i read the result. Everything that was written is correct and all me. Even though a lot of people see me as a leader, i often doubt myself. i'm always scared of the "what happens next". I'm only confident if i can clearly see the outcome of my decisions, i know, contrary to an entrepreneur, i'm not a good risk taker. i often try to reduce risk before jumping to it.

Creativity

For a graphic/lay-out artist, i got creativity as my lowest!!! i can't believe it at first but i thought, creativity doesn't mean someone is good with colors or designs. Creativity means that a person can innovate ideas and think things through in a new way. I admit it, i always go for "what is in the book" and traditional acts, maybe because i was thinking that these acts have been done and tested and the results are good. Making new ideas or acts gives us risks and like in my "Taking Control" part, i am not good with risks.

The results made me realize i have a lot to improve in order for me to be a successful entrepreneur. it also gave me hope that these traits are trainable and achievable. Yes, i was shocked and sad when i saw the results but it also motivated me that growing and progressing is a never ending process. Someday, with this guide, i can say i am successful.  (sometimes test are not very reliable  3)

--







MARLON AARON H. PIZARRO

DIRECTOR / ERT-ESH COORDINATOR
Safety Officer


Unit 701 Alabang Business Tower, 1216
Acacia Avenue, Alabang, Muntinlupa City, 1770

No. 27 Lily Hill Plaza, C.M. Recto Highway,
Clarkfield, Pampanga

t:  +63.2.556.8121   ALABANG
    +63.45.499.2228 CLARK
f:  +63.2.556.8267
m:+63.917.544.7456

No comments:

Post a Comment