Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Factors paper by Lloyd Tan

Lloyd Tan
Factors Paper
Growing up, we all had a dream job we hoped we could become. Some wanted to be firefighters, others to be wrestlers, or maybe even pro athletes. I myself have always wanted to become an actor, and to be honest, have not yet given up on that dream. However, I grew up in a community wherein most of my peers were being groomed to eventually take over their respective family businesses.
Unfortunately, or fortunately for those who dislike being spoon-fed, I was not in a similar situation. My family does have its own business, however it is being run by our other relatives and my mother always told me not to rely on it. This made me envious of my peers, who I know would be able to surely make money when they graduated, and in an easier fashion. Thus, a hunger grew inside me, wanting to eventually have a business of my own.
While in school, I always knew I was intellectually above average. I never had to put as much effort into learning as my peers, yet I received equal or even higher marks. This would be an undoing, however, as I would not qualify for the required GPA during my first year in the Ateneo. This was a disastrous time for me, and I was severely embarrassed because I had always been in high regard throughout my younger years.
I used this as a learning tool, and began to work hard in the things I would do. Eventually, I was able to make the grade to return to my former school. This experience helped me develop and maximize the use of my skills, and not take them for granted. Also, I found out that making mistakes should not be things I try and forget, but ones I should try and learn from, maybe even cherish, so that I can develop myself into the best I can be.
I believe that with my hunger, skill, perseverance, and determination, I have what it takes to become a good entrepreneur. I know never to give up on something I want this much, and I hope that through hard work, I can eventually get to where I want to be. Looking back at the past, I know I have grown much since then, but I also know that there is still so much room for me to grow even more.
My vision for the future is to have a happy family. In order to have this, I know I will have to be successful in my endeavors. I do not yearn to be a billionaire, but I want to be a self sustaining businessman who is responsible not only for myself and my family, but also for my friends, the environment, and everything else I interact with. I hope I will be able to work hard and become the person I always wanted to be. Of course it would also be a bonus if I get to go on showbiz as well. <late paper>

No comments:

Post a Comment