Sunday, May 26, 2024

The first generation creates it (business enterprise) the second generation enjoys it, and the third generation destroys it

Every generation needs a revolution - an entrepreneurial revolution

This was the topic of anecdotal research we did for a famous Mary Lady Professor (a foreigner) while I was in second year college.  

Indeed in my experience while as a first generation entrepreneur (or were they my parents?  But I was the one who put up many of the enterprises) the second generation, my children seem to have lost track of the original mission ie to create jobs and employment and to be in the service of others.  The second genration is not so keen in developing business skills and talents needed to be successful

The scions find satisfaction in:   having big balances at banks and showing this off, buying luxury real estate, travel abroad  good food

I still want to be frugal, hard working with the staff, sticking to the basics.  I hope the scions can come to their senses and be first generation creatures

No comments:

Post a Comment